Monday, July 27, 2009

Tastebuds on Overload!

This is the place where we spend a lot of our money:














No one really knows how to pronounce it so we all call it "SAB's". It is across from the school and it is hotspot for Dalat staff. It is primarily Indian Cuisine. This is the guy that greets you when you arrive:














They have this bread there called "roti" which I think means...ummm...bread. :) It is sort of like pita bread but a little thicker and a little softer and they make it a bunch different ways with different flavors. So we get the bread basket which has a variety of roti in it. Kyle and Alex love the garlic prawns (which are actually just really big shrimp). John and I love the Tandoori Chicken, the Chicken Curry, and especially Chicken Masala (which is not to be confused with chicken marsala). This pic shows a typical dinner at the restaurant. Everything, and I mean everything, is served with rice.














So for fresh fruit juice for the boys, ice tea for us, two orders of chicken masala and two orders of garlic prawns, we pay about $20. Not bad for some of the best food I have ever tasted! And this pic is just because my kids are cute!

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love Indian food. I can't believe you haven't tried Roti before. Well now you know what you have been missing huh :)
    pssst.... I have a little something for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys look like you are really settling in and enjoying your new lifestyle! brandon and i miss you guys so much!!! i love seeing all the photos of your new "land" :) and stop talking about food! you're making me HUNGRY!!!! LOL!

    love you guys so much!!!!!!

    Piper

    ReplyDelete